Posture Focus - Group Workout
Objective: Mix posture focus with race-intensity 300s.
Total Distance = 3200 meters
Set 1 - Warm-up; Dist = 500 meters
10 X 500 Freestyle Swim on 10:00 - Training Cat: EN1
Relaxed warm-up with perfect core posture.
Stop at every wall just long enough to say to yourself "belly in,
neck tall, chin back."
Set 2 - Conditioning; Dist = 300 meters
1 X 300 Freestyle Swim on 6:00 - Training Cat: EN2
Race pace - keep pace and SPL consistent - "learn" your 300
pace for the day
Set 3 - Conditioning; Dist = 2000 meters
50s are on REC (recovery) pace - very easy and focused on posture
On 300s, push yourself just above EN2 to a pace you can just hold for
Repeat 4 Times on two breaths rest after each repeat
- 4 X 50 Freestyle Swim on 1:00 - Training Cat: REC
- 1 x 300 Freestyle Swim on 6:00 - Training Cat: EN2
- Head Position - neck tall, chin back, eyes looking straight down
- Chest-Hip Connection - suck your belly in!
- Kicking in core column - knees straight, recover with your glutes,
not your hammies
- Sighting - sight every 6 strokes and return to PERFECT posture
Set 4 - Cool-down; Dist = 400 meters
1 X 400 Freestyle Swim on 8:00 - Training Cat: REC
Relaxed with perfect posture - go thru checklist
Totals by Stroke
3200 meters Freestyle (100%)
Return to Focus Overview or return
to Workout Directory.