EVF Wet & Dry Focus
The early vertical forearm catch is tricky to learn. Tonight you will
alternate between practicing the EVF catch and pull in the water and on
a Vasa Ergometer.
Technique Focus Points
- Point and Pause. There is a slight pause as your arm reaches
- Pop and Press. Rotate your arm externally to pop your elbow
toward the surface; point your fingertips at the bottom, keeping your
wrist straight. This should get your hand and forearm vertical in the
water, with your elbow still pointing straight ahead. Now press your
body past your hand-forearm anchor.
What to Watch For
- Bubbles during the catch or pull. Bubbles are for sprinters!
- Sore elbow. You may be pulling too early before your
hand/forearm paddle is set.
- Sore shoulder. You may not be rotating onto the other
side as you pull.
- Sore triceps. You may be pulling too late or too far.
EVF Focus Workouts
- Video Clips - See the Arms
Return to Workout Directory.
Copyright © 2011 Breakwater Sports