Kicking Focus 3
Still more kicking work, this time focusing on connecting the leg and
arm movements. In these workouts you will experiment with different combinations
of paddles and fins to feel that whole-body foot-hand connection.
Technique Focus Points
- Connect the rotational kick with the stroking arm.
- Connect the rotational kick with the recovering arm.
- See Kicking Focus and Kicking
What to Watch For
- Weak Pull. If you don't feel the pull from your head
to your toes, your kick is not connected.
- Weak Extension. If you don't feel your recovering arm extending
forward powerfully in the water, your kick is not connected.
Kicking Focus Workouts
(thes are the same as for Kicking Focus and Kicking Focus 2 see links
- Video Clips - Kicking
- Bottom Up Swimming. A set of three articles by Coach Emmett
Hines on how to develop a proper six-beat kick and connect it up to
a full-body stroke:
With Yourself - Another article on kicking by Emmett Hines. This
one is the best description I have seen on how to do the two-beat kick
the right way. (Above I am not saying "Don't use the two-beat
kick" but rather don't use the two-beat kick exclusively.)
Return to Workout Index.
Copyright © 2011 Breakwater Sports