Great Body Position Focus
Good body position produces good swimming. Great body position produces
great swimming. Good body position never produces great
swimming. This is one of those cases where the old cliché applies:
good is the enemy of great. So strive to really master all
of the body position drills, and you will be on your way to swimming great!
Master each body position drill by first learning to do it as slowly and
smoothly as possible.
Technique Focus Points
- Posture. Shape your body like a torpedo, not like limp piece
- Line. Hold your torpedo-like posture while swimming, and point
- Balance. Float your boat at, and parallel to, the surface of
- Smooth Transitions. Move smoothly from one balance position
What to Watch For
- Eyes forward. This means your head is out of position.
- Back arched. You are looking up or your posture is too
- Hips dropped or legs deep. See above. You are swimming
Great Body Position Focus Workouts
- Video Clips - Go to the Drill
Videos Directory and select any webpage (except the Humor page).
Then look carefully at the body positions of the models, most of whom
are expert swimmers. Note the above-water shots in particular. You will
see hips breaking the surface, heads looking down, and long straight
Return to Workout Index.
Copyright © 2011 Breakwater Sports